Sunday, January 11, 2015

My Tangled Life

"Whatever you are, be a good one."   Abraham Lincoln

This year I am participating in a Facebook group called "Our Tangled Lives." It's a group for art journaling combined with Zentangle (along with whatever else you want to include). I figure this will be a good opportunity to use some of the art supplies in my stash, that have been patiently sitting on my shelves. There will be a new prompt every week, and the prompt for this second week is "Choose an existing poem or quote, or write words that reflect your current beliefs/hopes/wants for your artistic practice." 

I chose the quote, "Whatever you are, be a good one," from Abe Lincoln. My feeling is that whatever you do, whether in art, your job, your family, or life in general, you should put your all into it, and not do it half-heartedly. A suggestion for the journal page was to frame the quote in some way. That made me think of a gelli plate print I did a few weeks ago, where the lines kind of framed an area where I could include the quote. Here's a picture of the print, which I had to cut down to fit into my journal which is 5 x 8 1/2 inches. This was printed using gold and silver acrylic paints, although the silver looks a little more like white in the pictures. In case you missed my post last month about tangling on gelli prints, you can see it here.




I drew Knightsbridge (checkerboard) to emphasize the frame, added some more tangles, and here is my page which has since been glued into my journal.



I'm sure I'll be posting some more of my journal pages as the year goes on, but in the meantime, remember...Whatever you are, be a good one!


1 comment:

  1. Great quote and I love the way you tangled this gelli page! Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete