Thursday, August 21, 2014

Birds of a Feather Flock Together

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."   Henry Van Dyke

I finally got around to completing my second...and third.... templates shared by Ben Kwok on the Facebook page Ornation Creation. If you missed my first one, the owl, you can see it here. I'm just picking the templates I am most drawn to (no pun intended), in no specific order. 

The second template I tangled was this hummingbird.



And the third one was this peacock. I left it unshaded because I wanted to add color.



Here it is again after adding color with Tombow markers.  Instead of coloring the "coil" frame, I just shaded it with pencil. I love how 3 dimensional it looks.



I can't make up my mind if I like the color or if I should have just shaded with pencil instead. But there's no going back, so colored it is, like it or not.

Three templates completed. Only 59 more to go. But I'll never do them all, and that's okay.

1 comment:

  1. Love the coloring on your peacock and the three dimensional look you achieved!

    ReplyDelete