Thursday, August 7, 2014

Good Things Come in Small Packages

"Notice the small things. The rewards are inversely proportional."        
 Liz Vassey

The newest member of the Zentangle family recently came out of his shell to be introduced to the world. If you have not yet met Bijou, you can read about this adorable little snail here and watch some videos. Along with Bijou, Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas have introduced a new mini Bijou sized tile. Made of the same paper as the 3 1/2 inch Zentangle tiles, these cute little tiles are just that....little! They are 2 inches square. That's only a little over 1/4 the size of the regular tiles. Small...and quick to tangle. Have only a few minutes? Pull out a Bijou tile and you'll complete it in no time at all. 
 http://www.zentangle.com/images/Pix/BijouTinContents2-web.jpg
The Diva's challenge this week is to "Be like Bijou" and tangle something little. Since I don't have any Bijou tiles yet, I cut my own out of watercolor paper. On my first tile I decided to try out the new tangle pattern, Maryhill, by CZT Betsy Wilson. I love the look of this pattern once it's shaded.



Next I used Tripoli with several different finishing touches.



Since both of those were monotangles (using only one pattern), I decided to do the next one with more than one pattern. I tried out Holdy (by Ksenija Vojisavljevic) for the first time, along with Flux.



And for my last one, I used my tangle Collana in the center (from my e-book Step Out in Style ), Florz, and Ramy (Sandy Steen Bartholomew).



I took a picture of one of my Bijou tiles next to a regular sized tile, just to show you how little these tiles really are. The bigger tile is one I completed while waiting at the airport on a recent trip.



And speaking of the airport, here's the tile I completed in the airport at the other end of my trip.



I will confess that I had more fun tangling on these Bijou sized tiles than I thought I would. They're tiny, they're cute, and they're kind of irresistible. 




10 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! Great set of Bijou tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and balanced, as always! Thanks for telling us the pattern names so that we can look up the How-to's. See you at your class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work. Good idea to show the two sizes of tile. And I agree, I enjoyed using this size more than I thought I would! I'm finding it a good size on which to experiment or try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely work. I like how your shading created such movement in Maryhill. I am still undecided about the Bijou tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, you already did a lot Bijoux! I also very much like your larger tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a lot of very beautiful tiles, small and large. I have a favorite: the last one from an airport. I LOVE that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely small and large tiles! I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a very beginner so I do not have any tiles, I just draw the tiles in the correct measurements and use them. I hope that it is ok to share them. I have not shared any thing yet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to pop back in and let you know that I am thrilled that you are following me! Made my day. Due to the fact that I started my blog through my school, there are some functions like following etc. that I cannot use due the the way the security at work is. I just have to do it the "old fashioned" way and check on each blog by going there. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete