Sunday, February 26, 2017

Waybop

"One sure-fire way to stay creative: force yourself to learn something new."      Harvey MacKay

The Diva's challenge this week is to use the new pattern from Zentangle headquarters, Waybop. When I first saw this tangle, I have to admit that I didn't much like it, so I didn 't bother to try it. After seeing so many people posting their Waybop creations on Facebook, I decided, for the Diva, I would give it a go. 

The first one I did on one of my colored tiles... here's the picture of the tile before rounding the corners. 




I started with Waybop, Henna Drum and some lines. Then, using a gray pen, I added Printemps inside the Waybop. I've recently started using the gray pen as a way to add more subtle designs. The finishing touches were shading with graphite and pastel pencil, and white gel pen for some extra interest.


Waybop wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, so I decided to go ahead and do one more, this time on gray-toned paper from Strathmore. Also included are Pais, Purk, and Hollibaugh.



And of course some shading and white highlights, which always make a drawing on gray paper better, whether or not you like it to begin with.
 

I like Waybop more than I expected to, but it's not yet high on my list of favorites. Maybe after more practice, maybe not!

 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice results, both of them.
    Thanks for showing with and without white highlights, what a difference!
    Nice background on the first tile and beautiful contrasts on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both of your tiles are fabulous! I love the Henna Drums. And the effect of the grey tile with white highlights is so striking!.... What type of gray pen do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanne. The gray pen is a Copic mutiliner pen. I have a set of 4 in different width nibs.

      Delete
  3. So neat how the highlights look on grey paper!

    ReplyDelete