Thursday, September 28, 2017

Crazy 'Nzeppel

"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys."    
 Douglas Horton

The Diva's challenge this week is to use the pattern Crazy 'Nzeppel. It's a variation of plain old 'Nzeppel which is a grid based tangle. The crazy variety is based on random lines rather than a grid. I've always called it Random 'Nzeppel and am not really sure when it got the crazy label. 

Anyway, I used one of my colored tiles as shown here.


I started by tangling 'Nzeppel, then added Clob and a few bits of Tipple.


At this point I wasn't too sure that I liked it, but ah! The magic of shading!


Now I like it much better. I could have done the shading in color to go with the colored tile. And I probably would have, except for the fact that I don't have my preferred supplies for color shading (pastel pencils) with me right now. So I went with plain old graphite, which worked out pretty well.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice work on a beautiful background.and thank you for showing us the difference before and after shadowing, that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Thanks for sharing your process and I love the background coloring 😍 The graphite shading is perfect.

    ReplyDelete