Thursday, February 2, 2017

Diva Duo

"Color in a picture is like enthusiasm in life."
Vincent Van Gogh

I haven't participated in the Diva's challenge for a while. But I had to jump in this week after seeing the challenge - to draw a duotangle (uses only two patterns) with Paradox and Diva Dance, two of my favorite tangles. 

Since I'm up to my ears in colored tiles getting ready for the launch of my new tiles on Etsy, I decided to go ahead and use one of those tiles. So here is the tile before I put my pen to it.


 I started with a triangle and filled it with Paradox. Then I decided to have a little Diva Dance line up next to it, and from there it all fell into place... triangle, fill with Paradox, Diva Dance, repeat. 


I added some shading with graphite and I was finished.


I love the colors in this and am so happy with the way it turned out. My end result is not always as nice as my vision of it, but this one didn't disappoint.

 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and a very nice final result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tile and the color is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you begin putting the triangles around the circle in the middle? I'm such a novice at this. Sometimes I don't know where to start. This tile is so beautiful. I can't wait to see them on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristine. I just started by randomly placing one triangle. Then after putting the diva dance along the side of it I placed another triangle randomly next to that. Not much in the way of planning. It just kind of worked out like that. Luckily!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love your colored tile and your Duotangle is lovely;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful tile colour... so soft. I love the composition of your duotangle! So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful tile colour... so soft. I love the composition of your duotangle! So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also like the colors in this. Like the way that you put the two tangles together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful!! I love the coloring of the tile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I like your soft colored tile and lovely arrangement of Paradox and Diva Dance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tangle work on a lovely background for a beautiful result.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your linework is beautiful on this background. Nicely shaded too. But I must say that I have never seen such a beautifully colored background. I don't know how you got that effect of blended colors, but it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative use of the two tangles. Pretty colors for that tile as well!

    ReplyDelete