Monday, April 18, 2016

Love, Love, Love my Dylusions Paints

"If everyone would look for that uniqueness then we would have a very colorful world."     Michael Schenker

I'm back with more tiles I created with my Dylusions paints. Let me say again how much I LOVE working with these paints (remember, these are acrylic paints, not Dylusion sprays.) What could be more fun than painting with baby wipes and your fingers? If you missed my blog several months ago explaining why I love these paints so much, I suggest you read it here.

I spent an afternoon, just me and my paints, including 6 new beautiful colors! I tested out 3 types of paper since I couldn't remember what I had used last time. Not liking bristol or hot press watercolor paper, I went with my mixed media paper which worked well. Ended up with lots of tiles that, if I may say so myself, are beautiful. Here's the first one I decided to work on. I love the combination of tealy blue and purple. 



I wanted to try out the pattern Auraknot-Bunzo flower, by Helen Williams. Only mine is really Auraknot-Knightsbridge flower since I changed up the center. This was a fun one to play with, just letting it flow all over.

 Patterns used: Auraknot-Knightsbridge flower and Flux

Next up:


This one began with drawing a random string, something I don't often do these days. Usually I just start with a pattern and grow more patterns out of that one. And I often go all the way to the edges of the tile. But I went back to basics with this one.
 
Patterns used: XO, Purk, Baton, Florz, Diva Dance, Pokeroot, and Sand Swirl


It's hard for me to refrain from talking about how much I love the paints, but I've already done that, so I'll leave it to you to check out my prior blog post if you want to hear more. Now I have a nice pile of painted tiles waiting for another day. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Caren, I've just bought a set of Dylusions paint! I am having great fun with them as the colours are so exciting. I've been using them for my gel plate printing too. Thank you for the link to Dyan's tutorial using the baby wipes for painting. So much to learn, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the Dylusions paint pens? They come in black & white (at least) and the white really has me curious.

    ReplyDelete