Monday, January 4, 2016

Spirodala

"Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right."     
Oprah Winfrey

Happy New Year everyone! 

Just here with a short post while I'm working on some other projects. Several months ago, in one of my journals dedicated to zendalas, I drew some centers for future art work. I used a mini spirograph-like tool. This week I decided it was time (really past time) to create a zendala from one of those centers. Here is what I designed, pre-shading.

Patterns used: Paizel variation and Knightsbridge

 
And after shading...



Although I like the finished piece, all those tiny little circles started to drive me, and my eyes, crazy. I had to do them little by little with breaks in between!

I have a few more spiro-centers in my journal, so I'm sure that one day I'll get back to do another one.


No comments:

Post a Comment