Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Little Deuce Coupe

"Happiness is the vehicle we travel in, not our destination."    Unknown

This will just be a short post (at least shorter than usual). I wanted to share something that I tangled for a very good friend for her birthday. Using a template from Ben Kwok, I made this VW bug for her.



While the blue was not the perfect match, she owned a light blue bug for the four years that I've known her. And she told me she has been driving a bug for the last 15 years. So when I saw that Ben had this template, I thought this would be a great gift for her.

Fast forward a couple of weeks from when I first had the idea. She informs me that she is getting a new car...a larger, much fancier Mercedes! My first thought was, "Oh no!" But then I realized maybe my idea would make an even better gift now so she will have a memory of the little bug. Here it is framed...not easy to get a good picture through reflective glass!



I think it's pretty cute, and I'm happy to say that she likes it! 


1 comment:

  1. So cute! How could your friend not like it and appreciate something so personal. I'll bet she cherishes this like she cherishes the memories of driving her various "bugs". :-D

    ReplyDelete