Monday, March 2, 2015

Day After Day

"Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."   Bil Keane

Another month has come and gone. And believe it or not I am right up to date with my tangle*a*day calendar. I've chosen my three favorite pages from February to share with you. For this first page I played around with a new tangle by Lynn Mead called Phroz. I tried it two ways, one with the triangles in a totally random placement, and one with the triangles laid out in rows. Then I added some Fassett, another tangle by Lynn, as well as Paradox.


For the next one I began with Ozzie in the middle. I had never used this tangle before and thought the calendar would be a good place to try it out. I really like it because of the high contrast. Then I added Printemps and Antidots around it.



I was really happy with the way the following one turned out, except for the numbers. I outlined the numbers with a Moonlight gelly roll pen in orange. Those of you who know the Moonlight pens know that it's a bright neon orange. However, the scanner pretty much washed the color out of it completely. I tried doing everything I could in Lightroom to get the color back, but nothing worked. So you'll just have to imagine the neon orange numbers! The tangles I used were Footlites, Floatfest, Inapod, and Kandysnake.


I expect that I'll be back at the end of March with some of my favorite pages from the month. In the meantime, happy March. Hopefully spring will be here soon!

1 comment:

  1. Your calendar is very pretty! I think next year I will try that myself if I can ever get over the terrible block that I have.

    ReplyDelete