Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered ... or ... Betweed, Beelighted and Beelined

"You have to motivate yourself with challenges. That's how you know you're still alive."    Jerry Seinfeld

I've been practicing a new technique I learned a couple of weeks ago at Tangle U, the CZT retreat I attended in Maine. Before I post about that, I have a few more pieces I want to finish.

So, in the meantime, I thought I'd give you a peek at something I worked on today. For a while, I've been watching Adele Bruno's "It's a String Thing" challenge that she puts out there once a week. I had not participated in it until today. This week's challenge was to use string 043 from Tanglepatterns.com, incorporating one or more of the official Zentangle patterns Beelight, Beeline, and Betweed, along with CZT Margaret Bremner's tangle Beadlines. I chose to use all 4 of the patterns.

Here is what I created.


I'm not sure that I ever used Beeline before, so it was good to try something new. And my Betweed had an "accident" in the first section, so I had to continue with it, leading to a tangleation. All in all, I'm happy with the tile.

I hope to be back here in a few days to share all the fun I've been having this week with some black magic. Hope you'll be back too!



No comments:

Post a Comment