Thursday, March 15, 2018

Just Cruzing Along

"There are no rules to creativity."      Laura Jaworski

Adele Bruno, CZT, hosts a weekly Zentangle challenge called "It's a String Thing." I've contributed a tile a couple of times, but mostly I just lurk around in the background admiring everyone else's work. As I was lurking about this week, I noticed that her challenge features Cruze, one of my tangle patterns, as one of the three patterns for this week. How could I NOT participate?

This is the string for the tile:


I tangled using two of the three patterns suggested, Cruze and Lukiline. I couldn't figure out how to incorporate the third tangle, Lucky, so I decided to leave it out. I liked my tile better after I turned it upside-down from the way I show it above.



Once I did that tile, it got me in the mood to do something else with Cruze. So pulled out a tile I had colored green and yellow, to keep in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day. Using Cruze, Beelight off the grid, and Flowtus, here is what I drew.


On both tiles I used pastel pencils for coloring/shading, and on the second tile I added some white highlighting with my white pastel pencil.  

Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment