Friday, May 12, 2017

Molygon

"No matter what the colour of your skin is, we all bleed RED."  
 HH Younus AlGohar

It's been a long time since I last blogged. I've been really busy with lots of other things (family visiting, vacations, selling a house and building a house), and I haven't tangled nearly as much as I usually do. But I'm taking time to share what I did for the Diva's challenge this week, which was to use the pattern Molygon. 

For the first one I chose a Zendala tile, drew some Molygon in the center, and added Pokeleaf (and a few Pokeroots) around the outside. I used my red stardust gelly roll pen to add some color.



For the next one I used a 4 inch tile I cut from Bristol vellum paper, one of my favorite surfaces for tangling and shading. I couldn't decide if it needed something more around the outside, but I left it as is. 



I added some red to both of these tiles because in the FB group that I manage, Zentangle: Adventures in Color, I just issued a challenge to add only red to a traditional black and white piece. If you're not already a member of that group, enjoy adding color to your work, and would like to join, click here to get to that page. If you do, please be sure to read the group guidelines!



 

4 comments:

  1. Both tiles are lovely. The second one reminds me of a Carmen Miranda headpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful and also very different. I think the combination with Pokeleaf is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a delightfully fun jester's hat! Glad you found time to tangle. Your 'busy' sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, a court jester! Red is such an effective friend to black and white.

    ReplyDelete