Monday, October 3, 2016

The Path to Nowhere

Forget about trying to compete with someone else. Create your own pathway. Create your own new vision.       Herbie Hancock

Who loves Zendalas? (Most of you, I hope!) Who's seen my colored pre-strung tiles? (Again, most of you, I hope!) If not, you can read all about them here.

Today I'm here to share some of those pre-strung tiles that I've made into Zendalas. I love working on round tiles, but not always drawing the typical, symmetrical designs found on many Zendalas. As you will see below, these are anything but typical! I am showing the 'before' and 'after' tiles. Note that in the first one, the before is not exactly the same as the after tile, as I forgot to take a picture before tangling, but the tile has the same coloring as the after.


Patterns used: Flowtus and Indyrella
Shaded with pastel pencils

On the first tile I tangled between the pathways, but on the next one I tiled inside the pathways.



Pattern used: Garlic Cloves


I expect to have the tiles in my Etsy shop in a couple of weeks. Now it's time to get back to work... there are lots more Zendala tiles awaiting me.


1 comment:

  1. These are awesome! I want to buy some when you have them ready. I couldn't find any tiles on your Etsy site. Please let me know when you have some done. Thanks, Caren.

    ReplyDelete