Saturday, May 30, 2015

Straight as an Arrow

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line."    Archimedes

Today is May 30, 2015. That means it was exactly two years ago that I wrote my first blog post. That post was all about my Zentangle addiction, and you can see it here if you missed it. In case anyone is wondering, I have not yet recovered from this addiction. When I began this journey, I had no idea where it would take me. I enjoy sharing my work, methods, and thoughts, and appreciate all of you who are on this journey with me.

I'm here today to share my entries to the Diva's challenge for this week, which is to use only straight lines. I LOVE straight line patterns. They are hands down my favorite kind of patterns, and I find them very soothing and relaxing to draw...and isn't that the idea behind Zentangle?

I decided to use one of my hand-colored tiles for this challenge. Here's the tile before I tangled on it. This one is actually a double-sided tile made with alcohol inks. In case you're interested in finding out more about these tiles, you can see them here in my Etsy shop.


Since there was a lot of purple in the tile, I used a purple Micron pen to tangle, and blue and purple pastel pencils to add some shading

 

Since I love straight lines so much, I continued with another tile. Again using a hand-colored tile (this one single-sided, made with watercolors), I tangled with black Micron and shaded with pink pastel pencil. This one is pretty simple, but sometimes simple is good.


Onward and upward to the third year of my blog!

2 comments: