Saturday, September 27, 2014

Come Sail Away

"Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it."    Greg Anderson

As you know (if your read my last post), I recently returned from a vacation. I never travel without some Zentangle supplies - pens, tiles, journals, and my tangle patterns on a ring (which has now grown to 2 rings!). I blogged about the rings last year, but if you missed it you can check it out here. Tangling is great to while away the time during the long hours spent in airports. I also had some time in between excursions and activities on the cruise. So I thought I'd share just a couple of the pieces I completed during my travels.

This first one is from the very beginning of my trip - a tile I did in the Philadelphia airport waiting for my connection to Edinburgh. My 5 hour layover! I started with Kandysnake by Vicki Murray. I planned to just do a little, but once started, I couldn't stop! Finally I added a little Aloe Vera by Suzanne McNeill. I was very happy with the completed tile, and find that my favorite tiles are often the ones that are fairly simple, with only a couple of patterns.



For this next one I used a stencil from Acadia Laser Creations (CZT Jenny Perruzzi). I had traced the stencil onto the paper (4 x 9 inches) before I left home. It's fun to use a stencilled image as the negative space and tangle around it. I used the tangles Bunzo, Bales, Dex, Huggins, Baton, Fallen Leaves, Prestwood, Flux, Paradox, Hollibaugh, and Knightsbridge.



That's just a small sampling of my art from around the world. I must say that Zentangle makes a great travel companion!


1 comment:

  1. Bothe artworks are lovely. Even though you used a lot of tangles on the focus one it does not look busy. I like yje first one a lot.

    ReplyDelete