Thursday, September 26, 2013

Circles and Squares

"The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet."
Andy Warhol


This week's Diva challenge was to do a duotangle (a Zentangle using two tangle patterns), with Knightsbridge (checkerboard) and Tipple (circles). A study in opposites, squares and circles. 

My first try was a traditional Zentangle with some variations of Knightsbridge along with Tipple interspersed between the squares. But it was much too busy looking and just didn't live up to my expectations.

So I decided to give it another try using a totally different approach. I began with the Auraknot pattern as my string and filled the bands with alternating rows of Knightsbridge and Tipple. After adding a little extra Tipple and some shading I was finished, and much more satisfied with this tile.



17 comments:

  1. Wow, this one looks complicated. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. It's not really as complicated as it looks.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful interpretation of this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shape - very creative idea! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. After doing the first one that I didn't like I needed to get more creative!

      Delete
  4. Your tile is amazing and you can tell how much work you put into it. Really nice!

    Keep on tanglin',

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been a lot of work I think. Very lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very nice. I like the mixture of circles and squares

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh what a perfect mix of tangles! Beautifully drawn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of Auraknot with Knightsbridge, perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete